Jonathan & Amanda
It’s hard to know how to start a letter to someone we’ve never met, and I’m sure you’re probably wondering just how much you can know about a couple from the snapshots of their life. Through this adoption journey we’ve come to realize that life is full of lots of unknowns, but one thing we know for sure is that God sees you and loves you. You are not alone in this. We fully believe He is writing a beautiful story for your life, and that of the child you carry. Thank you for even considering us to be a part of your story. We want you to know that our child will always know their own story and your significance in it. Whatever you decide, we are praying for you and cheering you on.
We hope this page gives you a glimpse into our life, the big and the small moments, or the “everyday adventures” as we like to call them. We’re a couple that loves Jesus, and our desire for our children is that they would treasure Him as well. Years of infertility have shown us what a great privilege it is to be parents, and we are humbled you would consider us. When we found out we most likely couldn’t have children of our own, God grew our hearts for adoption, and we can’t think of a more beautiful way to grow our family.
Praying God’s comfort, joy, strength & wisdom for your life.
Jonathan & Amanda
Married since 2011
Reside in Virginia
Jonathan’s Occupation: Professor
Amanda’s Occupation: Administrative Coordinator for a private school
About Us: We’re college sweethearts who have been together for 10 years now, married for 7! We’re each others best friends, and our home is filled with laughter, good books, an overabundance of cozy blankets (Amanda’s always cold), and rich conversations with friends. Family has always been important to us, and we’ve long dreamed of having children. We talked about adopting even before we knew we would experience infertility, and we cannot wait to welcome a child into our family. Jonathan fills our house with laughter, and is always up for trying new things. He dreams bigger and works harder than anyone I know. But more than anything, Jonathan loves Jesus and leads our family well. When Amanda isn’t tackling her ever-growing book pile, or baking up a batch of homemade bread, she’s helping keep everything organized at the Christian school where she works.
Our weekends are filled with coffee dates, sporting events, seasonal trips to the orchard, long walks, and Target runs. As much as we love being out and about, we also value quiet days at home reading, working around the house, or enjoying homemade pizza and a movie.
10 Random Facts About Jonathan & Amanda:
- Our greatest desire for our children is that they come to know the Lord, courageously stand up for what is right, and love others well.
- One of our favorite family traditions is going apple picking every fall.
- This will be the first grandchild for both of our families, and we know they’ll be lavished with love.
- On Saturday mornings we love staying in our PJs and cooking a big breakfast together.
- We live in a great neighborhood close to friends, walking trails, parks and schools.
- We love to travel and can’t wait to go on lots of adventures as a family.
- We cook dinner almost every night, and are looking forward to lots of family meals around our table in the future.
- Amanda can’t wait to become a stay-at-home mom once we are blessed with a child.
- Birthdays are a big deal in our house, and we go all out with homemade desserts and celebrations throughout the week.
- We know many families within our church and community who have also adopted.
If you are interested in learning more about any of our prospective adoptive families, email us at email@example.com – Please note that all families may not be available for consideration at a given time, for various reasons.