Thank you for taking the time to look at our profile and we hope it provides you with a quick snapshot of us as a couple. We understand that getting to know us is just a small part of the many decisions you are currently making and we want you to know we are praying for you during this entire process.
We are a happy and blessed Christian couple who has always desired to have a child as a part of our lives. We met on EHarmony so we have never been the “traditional” couple. We like to live for the moment and know that God put us together because of our uniqueness and eagerness toward everyday happenings.
About five years into our marriage, we felt that God was leading us down the next steps of our adoption journey which is when we started working with Family Life Services. While we understand this can be a waiting process, we know that God has the perfect situation picked specifically for us and are thankful for the journey we are currently on.
Please know that we pray daily for all birth parents who find themselves at this decision making point. We understand the choice made will not only affect their families, but it will allow their child’s life to change forever. We hope when the time comes, we can truly fulfill that role we feel God has been preparing us for many years.
“And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.”
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Married since 2008
Reside in Virginia
Todd’s Occupation: Todd is a media relations coordinator for a college athletics department.
Kristy’s Occupation: Kristy runs an online business from her home. She has her college degree in special education, helping grow her passion to work with children.
Why We Want To Adopt: Kristy found out at an early age that she was unable to have children naturally. While heartbroken, she knew God had a plan for her and her future husband. After dating Todd for a while, she shared her story with him and the desire to adopt. She was blessed when he shared the same feelings of wanting a family and was open to the idea of adoption. This is a moment we will never forget because it was one of the first things that bonded us together in our relationship. As our journey began with heartbreak, we prayerfully hope it will end with what is a miracle within itself.
10 Random Facts About Todd & Kristy:
- We met on EHarmony and married at an older age than we expected (Kristy at 28 and Todd at 34), but it was all in God’s perfect timing!
- We live in the countryside and love to host parties and gatherings for family and friends.
- Kristy loves to read, especially true crime and historical novels.
- Although Todd works with many different sports, his favorite sport is golf. His dream foursome would to play a round of golf with Jack Nicklaus, Payne Stewart and his dad.
- We love to have game nights at our house and play board games and cards.
- Kristy likes to think of herself as a trivia whiz. She loves Jeopardy and Trivial Pursuit.
- We love to travel and try to go to a ‘’dream” location every couple years.
- Holidays are a special time in our family. We love to host Thanksgiving dinner at our home and we make a special effort to spent time with both our families on many other holidays.
- We love ALL things Disney (music, movies, theme parks, etc.). Todd would live at Disney World, if Kristy would let him.
- We love animals and currently have two cats, a dog and some fish. Kristy would own a zoo, if Todd would let her.
If you are interested in learning more about any of our prospective adoptive families, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – Please note that all families may not be available for consideration at a given time, for various reasons.