Thank you for taking the time to look into our lives to see if we would be a good fit for you and the little one you carry. Honestly, this is a very difficult letter to write. What do we say to someone we have never met before? Especially when we know that you are experiencing so many emotions, difficult decisions, and an uncertain future. You are facing choices that we have never been faced with. Please know that we pray for you. As we pray about the future of our own family, you are a part of that in some way. We pray for the child that you are carrying. We pray that God would give you wisdom and guidance to make the best decisions for you and for the baby.
We talked about adoption even before we were married, and that desire has grown in both of us over the past year or two. We see this as a beautiful picture of what Christ has done for His children – grafting them into His own family tree. We trust in the sovereignty of God and believe that whatever the outcome, we can trust that His will is good for us. We pray that you will take comfort in these things as well while you make these tough decisions. All of our family members and friends are so excited to see our family grow! They have been praying for us but they have also been praying for you.
We look forward to what the Lord has planned for the future!
May God bless you, Ryan and Megan
Married since 2013
Reside in Virginia
Ryan’s Occupation: Electrical Engineer
Megan’s Occupation: Administrative Assistant/Homemaker
About Us: Ryan is outgoing, hard-working and scientifically-minded. He also loves sports of all types (both playing them and watching them). Megan is quiet, empathizing, hard-working and artistic. She loves home décor – especially shopping for it. As a couple, we complement each other very well – Ryan’s strengths are Megan’s weaknesses, and vice-versa. Even though we are very different in some ways, we really enjoy being together. We both have the same ultimate goal in life – to finish our Christian walk well and to spend eternity in Christ’s presence. We also both desire very much to raise children in a solid Christian environment, and we both want to do this through adoption, as it pictures God’s adoption of us into His family. We very much look forward to providing a wonderful home for a beautiful child!
10 Facts About Ryan & Megan:
- We have been together for almost 5 years (since November 2012) and married for almost 4 years (since October 2013).
- Megan currently works at a pregnancy resource center, but plans to be a stay at home mom once we adopt.
- Our most memorable date was when we took a day trip on a train to Washington D.C. – everyone thought that Ryan was going to propose on that trip, but that was to come about 6 weeks later.
- On one of our first dates we went hiking – Ryan decided to go off the path and got us lost for a brief time, but I (Megan) had no idea he was actually lost!
- Ryan, his dad and his two brothers all attended the same university. Two of them are engineers and two are accountants.
- Ryan played baseball when he was a little kid all the way through high school. He mostly played pitcher and first base, and made the all-conference team his senior year.
- Ryan loves math and is not artistic, but Megan is the opposite – artistic and a very good decorator!
- We grew up going to churches that were just down the road from each other, but we didn’t meet until friends introduced us many years later!
- Ryan has always enjoyed fishing – several years ago he went deep sea fishing and caught some sharks!
- Megan used to be a director in a childcare center.
If you are interested in learning more about any of our prospective adoptive families, email us at email@example.com – Please note that all families may not be available for consideration at a given time, for various reasons.