Hi! We are Jamel and Charity. You are reading our note to you because you are in the middle of a life-altering point in your journey. We hope that you will feel we are your friend by the time you have browsed through our profile, and will know we are praying for you to have courage and peace. We are sure the decision you will make will be the right one for you and your child, whatever decision it is.
God has not given us the ability to have our own children, and we have struggled through some difficult times. You are battling with different tough questions of life than we have, and we have so much respect for you. You are brave, and whether we ever have the privilege of meeting you or not, we know many others will learn so much from you and your story.
Please know that you, and your child, are very precious to us, and especially to God. You are not alone, and there is help, support and love no matter what direction your lives go.
We want you to know that we count being entrusted with raising a child is an extraordinary privilege – one that is taken so very seriously. We will work to give them the best we have of education, opportunity, and most importantly, love and joy.
It is our pleasure to open our lives and hearts to you – we hope it helps you get to know us, and that our story can be an encouragement to you – at the other end of any difficult path is healing, growth and joy.
Married since 2003
Reside in North Carolina
Occupations: Jamel is a part-time youth pastor and Charity is a stay-at-home mom and piano teacher. We are also self-employed, running two businesses out of our home – dog breeding & training and investment real estate.
Why We Want To Adopt: We are thrilled to be on our adoption journey! We have been married for 13 years and met in college. Charity is from a minister’s home, while Jamel is from a mixed American/Lebanese family. We both have broad cross cultural experiences and love to learn from everyone we meet. We both enjoy nature, although in different ways, and while Jamel is more of a homebody, Charity has a huge sense of adventure! Our home is defined by a commitment to our Christian faith, joy, humor and a sheer delight in life. We were privileged to have a beautiful little girl, Grace Anne, join our family by adoption in the spring of 2015. She has marvelously enriched our home and lives, and we are dedicated to enriching her life. All three of us look forward to seeing our happy little band expand to include more children in the future.
10 Random Facts About Jamel & Charity:
- They say women speak double what men do…well, not in our house! Jamel is the talker and Charity is the listener.
- Charity’s favorite season is summer: drowsy naps on the swing, cold ice cream, bare feet and a dip in the pool on a hot day. Jamel loves fall: hunting and football.
- The biggest battle in our home is over the thermostat – Jamel loves arctic temperatures and Charity thrives when things are positively tropical.
- Charity is bilingual English/Spanish, very conversant in French and has studied Arabic. Our daughter is also learning all these languages in addition to English.
- Jamel is a certified scuba diver, while Charity prefers to stay on the surface and snorkel. We enjoy taking Grace Anne to the lake and pool and she adores water!
- We are passionate about education, and are dedicated to providing our children with a top notch education. We also plan to be intentional with their social life and provide exposure to all age groups and a variety of social and ethnic groups through church, local sports teams or other extracurricular activities, and through ministries such as refugee outreach, nursing homes, volunteering at shelters.
- Charity and Grace Anne are both big book lovers. We have a personal library of 1500 books, and even though Grace Anne can’t really read yet, she loves to “read” books to herself, her baby dolls, really to anyone who will listen.
- We have trained over 500 Golden Retriever pups and have sold them (and met) some interesting and famous people. Our pups regularly feature on television shows – they called the Kentucky Derby and got it right the year American Pharaoh won!
- We are open to whatever level of openness in ongoing communication with the birth parents that is best for both parents and child.
- We LOVE to laugh!!
If you are interested in learning more about any of our prospective adoptive families, email us at email@example.com – Please note that all families may not be available for consideration at a given time, for various reasons.