Thank you for taking the opportunity to look at our profile. Even though we do not know you, we are praying for you, your baby and the decisions that you are making. As Brian works to help a lot of young ladies with college and career choices, we can only begin to imagine what you are going through as you face more intimate and weighty choices, including whether or not to place this child for adoption.
This is what we know of Scripture to fill in for what we do not know in life. Although we do not know you and your circumstances, Romans 8 says that when we don’t know what to pray for, the Holy Spirit can tell us how to pray for you. Nothing you have gone through or are going through now is a mystery to Him.
As you begin this process of thinking about maybe placing your baby for adoption with a couple, we know you will have a lot of feelings that you can’t explain. That is okay. You have a lot changing in your body and just take your time to think this through. We know that you will be looking at a lot of profiles during this process. We know that you will be guided to the right decision and you will see what you need to see in the right family.
We can speak of God’s guiding and healing power with the confidence of difficult experience. One of the most meaningful experiences in our lives was the chance to pour love into a child through the foster care system. We share this connection with you because we have some awareness of the pain you will experience in placing a child with us or another couple. We were able to bond with a little girl and help her to grow for 8 months like you have nurtured the child within you. We know that you will hurt when you place your baby with us or another family, and we are already praying for your healing and ours. We know you will have days that you feel empty and that is normal. God will grow us all as we have future opportunities to love.
As we try to close out a letter to someone that we do not know, we think of the words of Corrie Ten Boom, “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” Just as we are not certain of the details of our adoption journey, we know that you face a lot of uncertainty. We trust the providence and comfort of God to reach across that.
We are looking forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for us on this journey and for you as well.
Married since 2006
Reside in North Carolina
Brian’s Occupation: Brian is an enrollment counselor at a community college in NC
Jennifer’s Occupation: Jennifer works in the medical records department at a large orthopedic practice
About Us: We value marriage as a partnership of serving God together. An opportunity to become experts in forgiveness and a chance to grow, learn and be challenged. For Brian life with Jennifer is a reminder to celebrate every day in the festivities and the ordinary details. She inspires me to develop a deeper servant’s heart and to find renewal in Christ when confronted with a new situation. For Jennifer, life with Brian is an adventure and a challenge. He encourages me to get out of my comfort zone and to lead others. I also get to see life through the eyes of someone with challenges. He is patient with me and forgiving.
Why We Want To Adopt: We want to adopt in order to expand our family and to share the love of God with a child. We have a desire to be parents and adoption is the way that we believe God has lead us to that goal.
10 Random Facts About Brian & Jennifer:
- Best part of the way I grew up – Brian lived next door to his grandparents who took me to church. Jennifer grew up living beside family and having cousins around to play with.
- Favorite Childhood Song – Brian’s is How Much is that Doggie in the Window. Jennifer’s is Jesus Loves Me ((I can remember my grandmother telling me to sing this when I would get a shot and somehow that made the shot feel better).
- Most Exciting Item on Your Bucket List Besides Parenthood – Brian is looking forward to taking our family to Israel and the Mediterranean. Jennifer is looking forward to going to the Kentucky Derby.
- Favorite Place to Visit – Brian enjoyed Savannah when we went there on our honeymoon. Jennifer enjoys visiting the beach and just relaxing looking at the ocean.
- Favorite Childhood Memory – Brian got to meet his baseball hero, Dale Murphy. Jennifer remembers her grandmother teaching her how to look for big sea shells and playing in the little ponds at the beach.
- Accomplishment you are proudest of – Brian has worked for the State of NC for over 16 years. Jennifer lost over 40 pounds partly because of Aqua Zumba.
- Favorite Ice Cream – Mint Chocolate Chip (Brian) and Cherry Vanilla (Jennifer)
- Favorite Book – Brian has read the Bible every day since March 2005 and is blogging his way through the Gospel of Luke. Jennifer also enjoys the Bible especially the books of Ruth and Esther.
- Favorite Website – We both enjoy Facebook and look forward to sharing the highlights of the parenting experience there with anyone who might be interested. Brian also enjoys Goodreads and Jennifer enjoys Pinterest where she has found a lot of new recipes and craft ideas.
- We are already excited by the faith journey on which God has taken us toward adoption. Without debt, we are fully funded by the support of more than 50 donors from non-profit organizations, family, friends and total strangers to prepare the way for this baby.
If you are interested in learning more about any of our prospective adoptive families, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – Please note that all families may not be available for consideration at a given time, for various reasons.